Friday, March 29, 2013

Corgi Friday!

It's time for a long overdue Corgi Friday!

For those of you that are new to my lil' ol' bliggity-blog, we have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Annie and she runs the farm. 

Dylan and Annie combing barley this last summer.
Annie is about a year and a half old and she is full of 'it'.  And by 'it' I mean...well I'm sure you know what I mean...

Annie also suffers from a common corgi syndrome called 'Corgi A.D.D.'.  Clinical signs show that if your corgi feels that there is a deficit of attention being paid to them, they will do just about anything to get your attention! And just about every corgi I have met is an attention hog and gets upset if they're not the CENTER of attention. Annie is no exception to the rule. The way Annie lets us know if we're not paying enough attention to her is attacking the springy door stop.  She started doing this when she was just a little puppy and she still does it!

These first three pics are when Annie was about two months old and she was attacking the springy door stop at my in-laws' house while we were eating supper and not paying attention to her.



 
And this is Annie a few weeks ago attacking the springy door stop in our bedroom (sorry for the blurry pics...she was being a wild woman).





She's such a goofy dog...and I love it! To back track a bit, when Annie was a little puppy we used to get a baking sheet pan, spread a thin layer of peanut butter over it, and let Annie lick the pan.  This was our way of keeping her occupied while we ate supper so we didn't have to listen to a rock concert of Annie playing the springy door stop, howling, and barking.  I learned that trick from my momma.  :) When my older brothers and I were little, my mom would set us in the high chair while she talked on the phone and feed us Cheerios one at a time to keep us quiet.  BUT...if it was a really important call or she wanted to talk on the phone for a long time, she would give us M&Ms! Ha! Any of you use 'techniques' like that to keep your fur-babies or real babies quiet? Or am I the only weird one? Never mind...don't answer that.

One thing for sure is that there is never a dull moment with a corgi around!  Those of you that have a corgi or have spent any amount of time around a corgi can probably attest to that!

Hope you are all having a fabulous Friday!  I had better go check on the expectant momma cows to see if we have any calves on the way!

Happy Easter from our farm to yours!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment